It all began when actress Beverley Callard was quoted as saying that she thinks celebrities are trying to make mental health problems “fashionable.” Morgan then shared a tweet that highlighted that quote, adding in his tweet that “She’ll be hammered for saying this, but it’s 100% true.”
This sentiment didn’t sit well with Turner who then quote-tweeted Morgan with a comment of her own, calling him out by noting that the motivation to open up the conversation about mental health could be because mental illness “affects 1 in 4 people in UK per year.”
This isn’t the first time that Morgan has had a controversial moment on Twitter; in October, he was slammed for mocking actor Daniel Craig in a tweet that criticized the way the Bond star for carrying his infant daughter.
See Morgan’s and Turner’s quotes below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org