A family of three discovers that their apartment is not what it seems in Hilary Leichter’s second novel. Terrace Story follows Annie and Edward and their daughter Rose, who live in a small apartment in an unnamed city. They are shocked to learn that their increasingly crowded quarters actually feature a hidden terrace, which is only accessible when Annie’s coworker Stephanie comes over. Though initially exciting, the presence of the terrace has consequences, and the family’s future is suddenly thrown off course. In a series of interlinked stories that make up the novel, Leichter unveils a dazzling narrative about the limitations of time and the heartbreaking realities of grief. —Annabel Gutterman
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing?
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time