The British band led by Chris Martin has committed to eliminating and offsetting their greenhouse gas emissions from their tours. As a result, the band said they would not tour until they could find a way to do so more sustainably. In 2022, Coldplay went back on the road—on a show-by-show basis the tour has released 47% fewer emissions than their previous stadium tour in 2016–17.
What is the single most important action you think the public, or a specific company or government, needs to take in the next year to advance the climate agenda?
Governments should invest more in climate change solutions and technology, and enact more laws to enforce climate policy.
What new sustainability effort or technology are you excited about for next year?
Next year, we’re going to make all of the vinyl records for our next album from recycled waste plastic bottles.
Where should climate activism go in the next year?
Empower people with hope. It’s not too late.
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing?
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time