Frans Timmermans, a Dutch politician, was the European Commission’s Executive Vice President for the European Green Deal from 2019 to 2023, which he helped design and pass. In this role he also shaped Europe’s commitments to an accelerated phase-out of fossil fuels, a carbon border adjustment tax, the E.U. Nature Restoration Law, and its Biodiversity Strategy. In July 2023, he announced he will run for prime minister of the Netherlands in the next election, in part to elevate climate in the Netherlands’ national agenda.
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing?
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time