Melinda French Gates co-leads the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which at the end of 2022 announced it would invest $1.4 billion by 2025 to help farmers in lower-income countries adapt to climate change. As she writes when introducing a white paper released this summer on reforming global finance to help those most vulnerable to climate impacts: “This is about more than just fairness. It’s about the future—for all of us. Trying to build a prosperous global economy without investing in lower-income countries would be like trying to fuel the tech revolution of the 2000s while ignoring Silicon Valley. You’d be missing the future.”
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing?
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time