Martin Lundstedt is president and CEO of Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading electric truck suppliers. Electric trucks are a crucial part of decarbonizing long-haul land transportation. And in the first three quarters of 2023 Volvo saw electric truck sales up 254%. The company also this year marked its biggest sales deal yet to supply 1,000 electric trucks to Swiss construction company Holcim by 2030. Speaking at an industry conference in March, Lundstedt called on European policymakers to align on a climate neutral path forward: “Policies and regulations should align, support, compound and not distract from the massive investments of the overarching agenda of reaching net-zero transport in Europe, while also at the same time reinforcing ‘made in Europe’.”
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing?
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time